The checklist for your new bathroom
You will already know what your current bathroom lacks or what you would like to have in your new bathroom. Make a list and bring it with you to the showroom. The information below will help you complete your list.
Make a list
You will already know what your current bathroom lacks or what you would like to have in your new bathroom. Make a list and bring it with you to the showroom. The information below will help you complete that list.
Measure the space
Before we can make a design we need accurate measurements. This can be a blueprint or a sketch where you have noted the measurements. It is often useful to have the measurements of neighbouring spaces, for example if part of the cabinet wall can be built in this space.
The most important measurements:
- Length and breadth of the room
- Ceiling height
- Position of doors and windows and the direction of opening
- Parapet height of windows
- Position of radiators
- Location of columns or other obstacles
- Location of drains, heating pipes etc
Indien u een bestaande woning gaat verbouwen, is het handig om foto’s van de ruimte mee te nemen.
Look en feel
What will you new bathroom look like? Important elements are the size of tile, choice of materials and use of colour. You can use Pinterest or similar) to collect images that convey the look and feel of your dream kitchen. Check out our Pinterest page.
- Style: for example modern, industrial, luxury or classic
- Light or dark?
- Matt or gloss finish? (or a combination)
- Fully tiled?
- Tiles in combination with plaster?
- Large or small tiles?
- Colour or neutral tones?
- Shower cubicle, walk in shower or shower in bath
- Shower space with door or open?
- Built in bath
- Free standing bath
- Single or double basin
- Wall hanging basin, counter top basin or complete unit?
- One or two taps
- Width of cabinet
- Preference for style or low maintanence?
- Mirror or cabinet with mirror
- Mirror with lighting
- Mirror with heating (to avoid condensation)
- Integrated or not?
- Normal or coloured?
- Rain shower
- Hand shower
- In the bathroom or seperate?
- With or without rim?
- Shower toilet
- Radiator (for quick heating)
- Under floor heating
- Matt or gloss?
- Large or small
- Fully tiled or partially tiles
- Colour or neutral
Take the time
At Koolschijn we think it’s important that you have the time to make good choices. At your first appointment we will discuss your preference and make the design. At a follow up appointment we will take the time to go through the estimate and the design by way of a 3D drawing.
The checklist is purely an aid to make you aware of the possibilities. Our experienced consultants will show you different options. Also, in our showroom there are almost 30 show bathrooms.